About Us

Your Right to Know

UW - River Falls provides the following links to access important information about policies pertaining to financial aid, health and safety, and more. This list is especially useful for current and prospective students and families searching for material and policies concerning various departments on campus. The information contained is in accordance with the disclosure requirements for institutions participating in federal financial aid programs under Title IV.

General Institutional Information

Cost of Attendance and Withdrawal Policies

Student Financial Assistance

Health and Safety


Education-Abroad Policies

Professional Licensure

UW-River Falls offers several programs leading to professional licensure within the State of Wisconsin. States vary regarding the professions they require to be licensed and how licensure functions. Some states require an individual to graduate from an approved program. Others require an individual to meet certification requirements of a national organization. A specific amount of training can also be required as well as passage of an examination based on a state requisite exam score. Often, licensed professionals must complete continuing education on an annual basis.

If a student is planning to apply for licensure in a state other than Wisconsin after completion of their program, the student should refer to the information below or contact the other state's appropriate licensing board to determine whether UW-River Falls program meets licensure requirements in that state.

Please note that licensure requirements are always subject to change. Although UW-River Falls will confirm the licensure requirements on a routine basis, we strongly recommend that you inquire with the state board to confirm that you understand and will meet the requirements for licensure before enrolling in your program of choice.

Select programs at UW-River Falls are designed to provide the educational requirements for initial professional licenses in the State of Wisconsin.  For additional information, consult the Professional Licensure Programs page.

State Authorization of Distance Education

Pursuant to Wis. Stats. Ch. 39.85, et. al, the State of Wisconsin is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement through the Midwestern Higher Education Compact which regulates the manner in which participating institutions may offer distance learning education to students who reside in other states. UW-River Falls is a participating institution in SARA. On September 7, 2016, the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) approved institutional participation of UW-River Falls. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of post-secondary distance education. Please visit our State Authorization and Disclosures page for disclosures associated with SARA, international enrollments, refunds, student complaints, and professional licensure.

Student Achievement and Outcomes at UW-River Falls

In accordance with expectations of the Higher Learning Commission, UW-River Falls provides the following performance data related to student achievement and outcomes:

Student Handbook

Students are encouraged to consult the Student Handbook for information related to student rights, campus life, academic policies, and other helpful information.

Student Leadership

UW System Accountability Dashboard

The University of Wisconsin System Accountability Dashboard includes a broad spectrum of higher education performance measures that either reflect UW System’s strategic priorities or are required by state legislation.  Information about access, cost and efficiency, faculty, economic development, progress and completion, and other topics is available for UWRF and UW System. Click here to learn more.

Voting and Voter Registration

Complaints and Suggestions

The mission of the UW-River Falls is to "help prepare students to be productive, creative, ethical, engaged citizens and leaders with an informed global perspective."  Consistent with that mission, the university welcomes your comments and concerns about our policies, programs, and services to ensure that we possess the information necessary to make changes that contribute to student success.  Each university unit is required to have policies and procedures regarding complaints.  Please follow the steps below to share your complaint or suggestion.

  • If your comment or complaint is in regard to an academic department (e.g. where a major or minor is housed), please follow the processes detailed on the relevant college's website (i.e. the college where the academic department is housed).
  • If you have compliments, suggestions, information, or concerns about a program, policy, or individual outside of the four colleges, please follow the processes defined on the website where the program, policy, or individual is housed (e.g. the unit or department's webpage).
  • If you have concerns regarding your welfare or safety (e.g. bias or hate incidents, discrimination, sexual assault, violence, or general concerns), please follow the processes located on the university's Report It! page.