health and counseling 

Student Health And Counseling Services

Student Health and Counseling Services offers on-campus professional mental health counseling services, clinical services contracted through Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls and Pierce County Reproductive Health Services, and holistic educational and preventative initiatives and programming.

Frequently Asked Questions

EMERGENCIES: Where do I go for a medical or mental health emergency?
Medical emergencies call 911. View our Emergencies/Crisis Situations web page

Where do I go when I get sick, injured, or need a physical exam?
Vibrant Health Family Clinics in River Falls: 1687 East Division Street, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-6701 (Taxi Service free with student ID)

Where do I go when I need to talk to a personal counselor?
UWRF Counseling Services: 211 Hagestad Hall
For an appointment: call 715-425-3884 (Appointment information).
Alcohol and other drug assessments are also available for currently enrolled UWRF students through UWRF Counseling Services (a fee is charged for sanctioned assessments)

Where can I go for contraception, safer sex supplies, and STD testing and treatment?
Pierce County Reproductive Health: 1234 South Wasson Lane, River Falls
For an appointment: call 715-425-8003 (Taxi Service free with student ID)

How do I learn more about...?
- Common physical health issues (A - Z Index)
- Common mental health issues (A - Z Index)
- Improving my personal wellness
- Alcohol Efforts and Initiatives at UWRF Fall 2015

What if I'm concerned about my student?
- Parents as Partners


Flu.Gov Website logo

Click here for information about the 2016-2017 influenza season and vaccination.  Influenza vaccines are covered by Student Health Services at Vibrant Health Family Clinic in River Falls for current students.  Call the Clinic at 715-425-6701.

 Zika Virus
The Zika virus is becoming widespread in many countries. The spread of the virus has caused concern because of a possible linkage to birth defects.  For more information about Zika, go to the CDC Zika Virus web page.

Activities and Involvement

Annual Wellness Events: 

yearly wellness

Menu of Services:


Pet Therapy:

Keep Calm, Hug A Dog Poster

Meditation Practice:

meditation group

Get Involved with Health and Mental Health Related Issues

Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
211 Hagestad Hall