Students participating in ACT Test Prep courses

Request Information

College-Level Coursework

Have you gotten a jumpstart on your college credit? UWRF grants credit for the successful completion of college-level coursework while still in high school. We grant credit for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams. Credits earned may be used towards your general education or degree requirements or towards elective credit.

You must have CollegeBoard send an official score report directly to UWRF. The AP college code is 1918. CollegeBoard Advanced Placement (AP) Course List 

You must have IB send an official score report directly to UWRF to be awarded IB credit. International Baccalaureate Course List

You must have CLEP send an official score transcript directly to UWRF to be considered for credit. The college code for UWRF is 1918. CLEP Subject Exam List


Transfer in Credits

See how your PSEO, CIS, ECCP, or dual enrollment credits transfer to UWRF using our Credit Transfer Tools.

High School Credit Options

Did you know that there are several options for you to earn college credit while still in high school? You can get a leg up on your college education, explore each of our programs and determine your best fit.

Dual Academic Credit Program (DACP)

Are you a River Falls, Hudson, New Richmond or Osceola High School student? These high schools now offers dual credit opportunities in partnership with UWRF. You may elect to earn both college credits and required high school credits simultaneously, providing you with an opportunity to earn UWRF credit right at the high school. Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll be awarded credits that count towards both your high school and university requirements.

  • Complete the high school special student DACP online UW System Application for UWRF.
  • If you're interested in earning DACP credits at UWRF, contact your high school's guidance counselor. They can assist you with signing up for the program. 
High School Term Application Deadline Payment Due Date
(to High School)

River Falls

Fall 2021

Aug. 18, 2021

Sept. 1, 2021


Spring 2022

Dec. 15, 2021

Jan. 12, 2022

Osceola Full Academic Year Dec. 15, 2021* Jan. 12, 2022


Full Academic Year

Dec. 15, 2021*

Jan. 12, 2022

New Richmond

Full Academic Year

Dec. 15, 2021 *

Jan. 12, 2022

*This deadline indicates when UW-River Falls needs your electronic application for the current year’s academic coursework to count for DACP credit. 

Students should begin to discuss DACP credit options with their teacher in the spring prior or early in the fall. 

You are responsible for payment of course tuition and required fees and will be billed by your high school.

The Early College Credit Program (ECCP)

Students at Wisconsin public schools can earn college credit via ECCP. If you’re selected for the program, you may enroll at UWRF. You’ll take one or more courses for which you may earn high school credit, post-secondary credit or both. Under ECCP, the costs of the courses are shared among UWRF, the school district, the state, and in some cases the student's family. The ECCP option is the most affordable credit option and you can earn up to 18 total credits via ECCP.

  • Complete the UW System Early College Credit Program Form and submit to your high school counselor.
  • Complete the high school special student ECCP online UW System Application for UWRF.
  • Have your high school counselor email your high school transcript and approved ECCP form to
  • Returning ECCP Students: You don’t need to reapply for admission, but you must submit the ECCP form every semester and an updated high school transcript once each academic year.
  • Questions? Contact the UWRF ECCP Coordinator

Summer Semester

Fall Semester

Spring Semester

ECCP form due to high school counselor

February 1

March 1

October 1

UW System Application, transcripts and ECCP form due to UWRF

March 1

June 1

December 1

  • High school junior or senior in the top 40% of high school class with a minimum GPA of 3.0
  • If you don’t meet the above criteria, you may be considered for ECCP on a case-by-case basis by submitting significant and convincing letters of recommendation. An essay may also be requested.
  • AP coursework in physical science is required to take science courses.
  • AP math test scores are required in order to apply for a math course. A math placement test may also be required.
  • Modern language courses require a placement test.
  • Approval by the high school does not guarantee admission to the university.
  • ECCP students will register on a space-available basis. Course registration is not guaranteed.
  • If a student receives a failing grade or they drop a course for which the school district has made payment, the school district may request reimbursement from the student or from the student's parent or guardian for all costs related to the course.
  • Students who fail a course are not eligible to continue in the Early College Credit Program.

High School Special

You may also take college courses as High School Special student. It is a great opportunity to earn college credits, however, you and your family are responsible for the full cost of tuition. High School Special students may enroll in any course in which prerequisites have been met. Typically, you will enroll as a High School Special if a course is not approved via ECCP. Enrolling as a High School Special is the most flexible option since students can enroll in any course available at UWRF.

  • Complete the high school special student online UW System Application for UWRF.
  • Request an official high school transcript be sent to UW-River Falls Admissions.
  • Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school counselor or principal.
  • Submit your ACT or SAT test scores if completed.

Applications are given a comprehensive review and are handled on a case-by-case basis.

High School Special Students are responsible for payment of course tuition and required fees.

Distance Learning through CESA

Through partnerships with Wisconsin Cooperative Educational Service Agencies
(CESAs), UWRF offers distance learning options for students in CESAs 10 and 11. Common classes are in computer programming, special education, environmental
studies and physics.


Participating Schools

  • Barron
  • Birchwood
  • Clayton
  • Clear Lake
  • Frederic
  • Grantsburg
  • Luck
  • Northwood
  • Pepin
  • Plum City
  • Prairie Farm
  • Prescott
  • Shell Lake
  • Siren
  • Spring Valley
  • Turtle Lake
  • Unity
  • Webster
  • Westfield
  • GPA of 3.0 or above
  • Top 40% of class (exceptions may be made for students with special talents)
  • Open to 9-12th grade students
  • Notify your high school counselor of your interest to participate in the program.
  • Complete the high school special student online UW System Application for UWRF and have your counselor submit your high school transcripts.
  • You’ll receive a decision letter from our admissions team with more information.
  • No application fee will be charged to students or their schools.
  • If you wish to enroll at UWRF following high school graduation, you will need to re-apply during your senior year in high school as a degree-seeking student and pay an application fee.
  • Placement tests may be required for specific courses including math, English or foreign language.
  • Questions? Contact Angela Whitaker at or 715-425-3261.