Student Health And Counseling Services

Emergencies/Crisis Situations

Medical Emergency on Campus: For medical emergencies dial 911!

Medical Emergency on campus:

Emergency room medical care is provided after clinic office hours at the River Falls Area Hospital.  However, this care is not covered by Student Health Services, so all charges for care are the student's responsibility. Students may call the M Health Fairview Clinic-River Falls after clinic hours to talk to a provider at 715-425-6701.

Narcan boxes - suspected opioid overdose 

If it is Potentially Life Threatening or if You're in Doubt, call 911 for Medical Emergencies on Campus


Opioid Overdose Reversal - 17 Nalox-Zone boxes are installed in residence halls and other high-traffic areas on campus for anyone to use in an emergency. The installation is a partnership with Wisconsin Voices for Recovery.

If you are in crisis or suicidal now

If you are having suicidal thoughts, you may need help immediately. Take yourself seriously. If your need is urgent, admit it. You deserve to get help, and to get it sooner rather than later. If you are experiencing intense emotional distress and need immediate response:

  1. Get off the computer and pick up the phone.
  2. Call Counseling Services at715-425-3884 or M Health Fairview Clinic- River Falls at 715-425-6701 and make an appointment for an office visit. In crisis situations, Counseling Services can see you on short notice. Be sure to make it clear that your need is urgent.
  3. Contact University Police at 715-425-3133 or Emergency Services (911) for immediate response at any time.
  4. If the mental health crisis you are experiencing is not dangerous, but you wish to talk to someone immediately after business hours, for assistance about what to do next, you may call any of these 24-hour/7 days per week help lines:

-988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline a free and confidential service that is available 24/7. Anyone can access the Lifeline by calling 988 (multiple languages available), texting a message to 988 (English only), or using the chat feature at (English only).

-National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 or
-National Crisis Text Line:  Text 741741
-Trevor Lifeline 1-866-488-7386 (provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning [LGBTQ] young people)
Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence: Call 1-800-345-5104 or Text 715-821-8626


Victims of violence or sexual assault

  • University Police:715-425-3133: University Police will assess the situation and dispatch appropriate personnel including paramedics and law enforcement, or you can call 911.
  • UWRF Sexual Assault and Harassment Resources and Services
  • REPORT IT:  By visiting this page, you likely wish to learn how you can  report something that regards your welfare or safety, or that of a member of  our campus community.
  • UWRF Title IX
  • Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner at 715-425-6443:  Confidential Forensic Nurse Examiner and advocacy response/accompaniment are available through St. Croix Valley SART 24/7 to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. It is important to be cared for by a Forensic Nurse Examiner within 5 days after an assault.  St. Croix Valley SART provides forensic healthcare, education, protection, and advocacy for victim survivors of sexual violence. 
  • Campus Victim Advocate (CVA) 715-425-3293 at Student Health and Counseling Services or call directly to Turningpoint at 715-425-6751 or 1-800-345-5104 24/7 Hour Crisis Line):   Provides advocacy as well as direct and outreach/prevention services to UWRF students, faculty, and staff who have experienced sexual assault, harassment, dating/domestic violence, and stalking. The CVA is located in 318 South Hall. The CVA is provided through an agreement with Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence.
  • Turningpoint at715-425-6751 or 1-800-345-5104 24/7 Hour Crisis Line: Victim Advocates are available to provide support and information about the legal and disciplinary options for dating or domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, or sexual harassment.  Provides safety, support, and services to victims and survivors of sexual assault and violence.
  • UWRF Counseling Services at715-425-3884 is a free and confidential service for students provided by licensed mental health professionals. Students who are not feeling safe will be seen immediately during business hours, located in 254 Rodli Hall.
  • UWRF Student Health Services covers the cost for certain health services for students at the below locations. For questions, contact UWRF Student Health Services at 715-425-3293.
    - Pierce County Reproductive Health at 715-425-8003. STD testing and treatment, emergency contraception, urine pregnancy testing, etc.
    - M Health Fairview Clinic-River Falls at 715-425-6701. STD testing, emergency contraception, urine pregnancy testing, etc.

Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F: 8 am - 4:30 pm
254 Rodli Hall