An excellent education at an affordable price. That’s our promise to you.
Recognized as one of the finest universities in the Midwest, our beautiful campus is located just 30 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul in the beautiful St. Croix Valley. Our award-winning faculty provide you with a world-class education, while our top-notch facilities and inclusive community create an environment full of opportunities designed to help you thrive.
Founded in 1874, UWRF is one of 13 comprehensive universities in the prestigious University of Wisconsin System. We’re a leader in exemplary teaching, undergraduate research and sustainability. Our mission is to help prepare students to be productive, creative, ethical, engaged citizens and leaders with an informed global perspective.
UW-River Falls is a student-centered institution that provides excellent, accessible academic programs serving the needs of our region, the state and beyond. UWRF is known for being exceptional in fields such as STEM, agricultural sciences, teacher education, business and liberal arts, as well as in innovative multidisciplinary programs and new programs added in response to student interest and employer need. UWRF ensures academic excellence in all modes and methods of instruction and is committed to expanding access to opportunity for traditional and non-traditional learners alike.
UWRF is deeply committed to student success and is recognized for its culture of care for every Falcon. The campus fosters a true sense of belonging because diversity, equity and inclusion are top priorities. High-impact teaching and personalized experiential learning practices prepare students for successful careers, enabling all Falcons to lead their best lives as productive, engaged citizens and leaders.
UWRF employees enjoy being part of a cohesive community where everyone knows they are on the same team. The institution thrives because of our strong foundation of working together to accomplish ambitious goals with a commitment to shared improvement. A campus-wide ecosystem of innovation exists because of numerous cross-program collaborations and connections.
UW-River Falls embraces its role as a leader in higher education for the public good and is a recognized model of sustainability through our continued dedication to holistic sustainability practices. We strive to partner with the communities we impact to bring about positive change locally, regionally and globally.
Everything we do as a university centers around seven core values. As a campus community, we strive to model these values each and every day. So, what do we stand for?
- STUDENT SUCCESS. We commit to offering an affordable, outstanding education ensuring that each student is supported and has an opportunity to succeed. Our programs and co-curricular experiences keep students at the center of every action and all decisions. We foster access that provides opportunities for social mobility for all students.
- EXCELLENT TEACHING AND LEARNING. We uphold high standards of holistic academic excellence, providing an exceptional education where students’ academic pursuits translate into achievement. We inspire one another to perform at our highest level.
- COMMUNITY OF INCLUSION AND CARING. We foster an authentic and genuine close-knit community where all feel valued, respected and included. We engage with civility and foster a sense of Falcon pride.
- LOCAL AND GLOBAL SERVICE AND ENGAGEMENT. We embody the Wisconsin Idea, as servant leaders who work together to bring about positive transformations in our community, region and state. We take action to contribute to the betterment of our world through meaningful cross-cultural engagement and by fostering a global perspective.
- INTEGRITY. We earn trust through honesty and transparency. We make data-driven decisions and nurture a culture of responsibility and accountability. We make decisions together with student involvement and input at all levels of the institution. We commit to ethical behavior and good stewardship of funds.
- INNOVATION. We promote the creation of new advancements, being broad minded and forward thinking, and contributing to an environment of collaboration on campus and in the region that leads to positive impacts.
- SUSTAINABILITY. We help address local and global challenges by taking an integrated approach to sustainability across all academic programs, campus operations and activities. We embrace the holistic definition of sustainability which includes “human and ecological health, social justice, secure livelihoods and a better world for all generations.” (ref. AASHE)