Why Study Music Education?
Major | Music Education | CAS
As a music educator, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of young people through the amazing art of music. Music Education majors at UWRF will learn about and experience music in performing ensembles, classroom settings, and private lessons. In addition, teaching candidates will have the opportunity to gain knowledge about diverse student populations, then put that knowledge to use during field experiences and student teaching.
- Results in PK-12 certification for ALL music areas
- Includes 130 total credits to degree
- Can be completed in 4 total years (including student teaching)
At UW-River Falls, we have rebuilt our music education degree from the ground up. The result is a forward-thinking, holistic, interconnected, and student-centered degree designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s students.
For More Information
Visit https://www.uwrf.edu/MUS/Music-Education.cfm to learn more about Music Education at UW-River Falls, including course requirements, semester-by-semester degree maps, music education events, and more.
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Of Students Received Financial Aid in 2021-2022
Of Students Completed At Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Prepare future educators to teach music to PK-12 students across all music disciplines and in any setting
- Explore contemporary approaches, including online teaching and learning, modern music, and more
- Celebrate music traditions from around the world
- Cultivate and engage in musical creativity
- Foster student-centered approaches to music education that supports and empowers the students being served
Types of Courses
- Ensembles (Band, Choir, Orchestra, Jazz, Women’s Chorus, etc)
- Applied Music (Voice Lessons, Bassoon Lessons, Cello Lessons, etc)
- Technology for the Musician
- Classroom String Techniques - Guitar and Ukulele
- Vocal and Choral Techniques
- Woodwind Techniques
- World Music Ensemble
- Advanced Conducting and Rehearsal Techniques
- Adaptive Music
- Contemporary Topics in Music Education
- Multicultural Education
- Band Teacher
- Choir Teacher
- Orchestra Teacher
- Elementary Classroom Music Teacher
- Secondary Classroom Music Teacher
- Private Lesson Teacher
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!