Imagine, if you will, a music education degree that:
- prepares future educators to teach music to PK-12 students across all music disciplines and in any setting
- provides specialized courses and learning opportunities for those interested in teaching choral, instrumental, and classroom music
- encourages teaching candidates to develop their own unique musical interests and passion points
- explores contemporary approaches, including online teaching and learning, modern music, and more
- celebrates music traditions from around the world
- cultivates and engages in musical creativity
- fosters student-centered approaches to music education that support and empower the students being served
- develops leadership skills - both on campus and within the classrooms of partnering schools
- features purposely-sequenced and interconnected coursework
Now, imagine all of this being possible in four years.
Our revised degree plan at UWRF is all this and more. To learn more, check out our YouTube video (below). In addition, click on the dropdown below to view required course lists as well as recommended course sequences for choral and instrumental emphases.