Why Study Music?
Major/Minor | Arts | CAS
Music is part of our everyday lives. With a degree in music, you can apply your interests and expertise to a vast spectrum of career paths, ranging from music performance and education, to research, and more. At UW-River Falls, our vibrant and robust music program provides foundational skills via significant performance opportunities, expert faculty, outstanding facilities and personalized instruction.
Of students completed at least one high-impact practice before graduation
Countries represented in student body
Fortune 500 companies close to campus
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the styles and structures of music.
- Apply knowledge and skills through performance.
- Develop the ability to compose musical ideas.
- Communicate effectively and foster a variety of transferable skills.
- Cultivate expertise in specialty areas including education, history, theory or performance.
Types of Courses
- 20th Century Music
- Class Guitar
- Music Theory and Ear Training
- Piano Proficiency
- String Techniques
- Vocal and Choral Pedagogy
- Woodwind Techniques
With a music degree, you’ll have a wide variety of future career options. Some examples include:
- Music Director
- Music Educator
- Music Librarian or Researcher
- Performer or Professional Musician
- Studio or Individual Teacher
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!