Why Study Spanish?
Major/Minor | Modern Language | CAS
As a Spanish major at UW-River Falls, you will learn far more than simply the Spanish language. You will be immersed in the culture of Spanish-speaking countries and learn the history, culture and beliefs of Spanish and Latin-American societies, all in addition to learning valuable Spanish language skills that will set you apart in the workforce.
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Of Students Received Financial Aid in 2021-2022
Countries Represented in Student Body
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Develop listening, Spanish language comprehension, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Nurture your awareness and appreciation of cultural contributions by Spanish and Latin American countries to contemporary society via a study of history and literature.
- Understand cultural sensitivity and respect through engagement with Spanish cultures.
- Cultivate and sharpen critical thinking and communication skills.
Types of Courses
- Beginning Spanish
- Business and Culture in the Hispanic World
- Conversation and Composition
- Mexico: A Culture Experience
- Spanish Civilization 1800 to Present
- Spanish for Professional Writing
- Spanish Phonetics
- Spanish Translation for the Professions
- Survey of Latin-American Literature - Conquest to Independence
Spanish majors have a leg up in the professional world, particularly if they’ve paired their language major with a major or minor in another field! As a graduate with a Spanish degree, you’ll be prepared for a wide variety of roles including:
- Copy Editor
- Freelance or Travel Writer
- Interpreter or Translator
- Journalist or Foreign Correspondent
- Travel Agent or Tour Guide Organizer
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!