Why Study English?
Major/Minor | English | CAS
As an English major at UW-River Falls, you’ll have the opportunity to find your passion and hone your skills through diverse and versatile class offerings. We offer emphases in literature, creative writing or professional writing.
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2022-2023
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Become an insightful and critical thinker, reader, writer and lifelong learner with an awareness of historical, cultural and philosophical issues that affect society.
- Write and communicate effectively, read widely and think critically.
- Cultivate persuasion abilities, oral and written communication and collaboration skills.
- Develop and apply leadership skills that translate to all career fields.
Types of Courses
- Business Writing
- Composition Theory
- Cyberliteracy and Writing on the Web
- Literature for Adolescents
- Proposal Writing
- Structure of English
- Visual Rhetoric: Document Design and Graphics
- Writing Workshop in Prose and Poetry
The broad nature of an English degree prepares you for a wide variety of opportunities. Many students choose to attend graduate school for future careers in law, political science/government, public administration, psychology, counseling, banking, human resources or communications. Other graduates choose to enter the workforce following their undergraduate studies. With an English degree, you may find yourself in a variety of roles, including:
- Communications Specialist
- Copy Editor
- Freelance or Creative Writer
- Travel or Trade Writer
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!