Why Study Marketing?
Major | Business Marketing | CBE
Marketing isn’t just about understanding products and how they fit on a shelf, it’s about understanding people and the decisions they make. As a marketing major, you’ll learn how to study consumer behavior in order to determine what products and services people want and, in turn, how to design, promote and distribute those products.
Students in Honors Programs
In scholarships awarded in 2021-22
Countries represented in student body
email@example.com // 715-425-3335
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Effectively use elements of the strategic marketing planning process to engage in SWOT analysis, market segmentation, targeting, positioning and marketing mix development.
- Apply social science theories relevant to consumer behavior in marketing decisions.
- Understand marketing research concepts and techniques to solve marketing problems.
- Develop a formal strategic marketing plan.
Types of Courses
- Consumer Behavior
- International Marketing
- Internet and Direct Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Promotional Strategy
- Relationship Selling
- Retail Management
With a marketing degree from UW-River Falls, you’ll be prepared for a wide variety of roles in the marketing field. Potential roles include:
- Advertising Executive
- Brand Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Specialist
- Product Manager
- Public Relations Manager
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!