Why Study Marketing Communications?
Major | Communication | CAFES/CAS
The marketing communications field integrates advertising, public relations, promotion, sales and digital, social media and direct marketing into one integrated professional field. As a marketing communications major at UW-River Falls, you’ll develop and refine your oral, written, visual and digital communication skills to prepare you for a career in a diverse, exciting and in-demand field.
Countries Represented in the Student Body
Of Students Received Financial Aid in 2021-2022
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
email@example.com // 715-425-3535
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Effectively utilize marketing ethics, research tools and communications technologies.
- Plan and manage campaigns, events and media buys.
- Create a cohesive brand strategy.
- Write for marketing communications.
- Manage photography and video production.
- Effectively collaborate with others and network across organizations.
Types of Courses
- Advertising Methods
- Consumer Behavior
- Cyberliteracy and Writing on the Web
- International Marketing
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Principles of Marketing
- Sports Marketing
- Writing for the Mass Media
The broad nature of marketing communications prepares you for a wide variety of career opportunities. You’ll be ready for roles such as:
- Brand or Product Manager
- Communications Consultant, Coordinator or Specialist
- Graphic Designer
- Media Consultant, Strategist or Specialist
- Public Affairs Specialist
- Social Media Strategist
- Special Events Planner or Promoter
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!