Why Study Accounting?
Major | Business/Finance | CBE
Working in a perpetually in-demand field with diverse employment options, accountants are the financial gatekeepers of the business world. At UW-River Falls, you’ll learn the principles and practices of accounting and be able to complete requirements to take the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam.
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
Student to Faculty Ratio
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
email@example.com // 715-425-3335
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Excel on professional exams (CPA, CMA).
- Experience paid internships that often grow into full-time positions.
- Analyze financial information to assist in decision-making processes.
- Communicate organizational performance information.
- Encourage sustainable growth using triple-bottom-line techniques.
Types of Courses
- Federal Income Tax
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Systems
- Internship in Accounting
- Managerial Finance
- Principles of Marketing
As an accounting graduate, you’ll be prepared for in-demand jobs such as:
- Staff Accountant
- Corporate Controller
- Forensic (Fraud) Accountant
- Principal/Partner (firm owner)
- Internal Auditor
- Revenue Agent
- Tax, Cost, or Government Accountant
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!