Why Study Accounting?
Working in a perpetually in-demand field with diverse employment options, accountants are the financial gatekeepers of the business world. At UW-River Falls, you’ll learn the principles and practices of accounting and be able to complete requirements to take the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Excel on professional exams (CPA, CMA).
- Experience paid internships that often grow into full-time positions.
- Analyze financial information to assist in decision-making processes.
- Communicate organizational performance information.
- Encourage sustainable growth using triple-bottom-line techniques.
Types of Courses
- Federal Income Tax
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Systems
- Internship in Accounting
- Managerial Finance
- Principles of Marketing
“My internship was a great experience and I recommend that everyone do one. All the professors and the internship office are very flexible and encourage you to do an internship and what I learned in my classes came in handy while doing my work. I feel calm about my future because I feel that I have been prepared well by UWRF!"
- Veronica Naranjo, accounting major, Spanish minor
As an accounting graduate, you’ll be prepared for in-demand jobs such as:
- Staff Accountant
- Corporate Controller
- Forensic (Fraud) Accountant
- Principal/Partner (firm owner)
- Internal Auditor
- Revenue Agent
- Tax, Cost, or Government Accountant