Why Study Finance?
Major | Business/Finance | CBE
A growing profession, finance is a field with flexibility and unlimited growth potential. As a finance major, you won’t just learn about investments, capital planning, international finance and financial analysis, you’ll also gain key employment skills like interpersonal interaction, decision making and communication.
Countries represented in student body
Of students completed at least one high-impact practice before graduation
Of students received financial aid in 2021-22
email@example.com // 715-425-3335
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand financial topics including real estate investments, portfolio management, financial and personal risk management and international finance management.
- Make capital budget decisions.
- Evaluate optimal capital structure and dividend policy.
- Perform lease financing and learn about bankruptcy and mergers.
- Analyze investment options and manage investment risks.
Types of Courses
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Managerial Finance
- Multinational Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Real Estate
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Strategic Management
- Statistical Methods for Economics and Business
Finance majors graduate from UW-River Falls prepared for a variety of careers in the financial field. Potential roles include:
- Account Executive
- Bank Branch Manager
- Financial Advisor or Analyst
- International Banking Officer
- Personal/Commercial Lending Officer
- Risk Manager
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!