Why Study Data Science and Predictive Analytics?
Major | Data Science | CAS
A relatively new field, data science and predictive analytics seeks to understand the phenomenon of Big Data and how companies benefit from the use of massive amounts of data. As the first data science and predictive analytics program in Wisconsin, UWRF’s Data Science Program combines computer science and information systems, math and business to prepare you for a career in an in-demand and rapidly growing field.
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2021-2022
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
Of Students Completed At Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
Data Science and Predictive Analytics
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand Big Data and the challenges of capturing, storing and retrieving massive data.
- Apply data-based analytical approaches to identify and solve problems.
- Develop and cultivate interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, organization and time management skills.
Types of Courses
- Applied Machine Learning
- Data Structures
- Data Visualization
- Database Management Systems
- Information System
- Massive Data Storage and Retrieval
- Object Oriented Programming
- Web Development
As a data science and predictive analytics graduate, you’ll be prepared for a wide variety of in-demand roles including:
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Big Data or Machine Learning Architect
- Data, Data Mining or Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Warehouse Analyst or Administrator
- Database Manager or Administrator
- Software Engineer or Developer
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!