Why Study Computer Science and Information Systems?
Major/Minor | Science Technology | CAS
Computer science and information systems majors develop the skills necessary to work with today’s evolving software and programming needs in a rapidly growing field with a significant demand for graduates. At UW-River Falls, you’ll get a hands-on education in artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer animation, information security and more to prepare you for the IT field.
Living and Learning Communities
Of Students Received Financial Aid in 2021-2022
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
Computer Science and Information Systems
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the latest programming methodologies, data structures, software engineering, design methods and operating system programming and theories.
- Analyze, design and develop modular scalable multi-tier software applications.
- Design, implement and maintain computer networks.
- Build structured and scalable database management systems.
Types of Courses
- Computer and Information Security
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Database Management Systems
- Decision Making
- Design Analysis MIS
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Operating Systems Programming
- Web Development
CSIS majors graduate from UW-River Falls prepared for a variety of careers in information technology, including:
- Application Consultant or Developer
- Chief Information Officer
- Computer Programmer
- Database Engineer, Analyst, Developer or Administrator
- IT Project Coordinator or Manager
- Software Processing Engineer or Architect
- Web or Mobile Application Designer or Developer
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!