Why Study Mathematics?
Major/Minor | Math | CAS
Broadly applicable in both traditional and modern career fields, a degree in mathematics provides a solid foundation in creative problem solving, abstract reasoning and much more. As a math major at UW-River Falls, you’ll develop and hone your math skills through high-impact experiences including undergraduate research, math competitions and professional networking.
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2021-2022
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
Of Students Received Financial Aid in 2021-2022
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Apply fundamental concepts of algebra, calculus and discrete mathematics to solve mathematical problems.
- Employ a wide variety of mathematical concepts to solve problems.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Utilize appropriate technology to solve mathematical problems.
- Cultivate and demonstrate knowledge in a specialized mathematical area.
- Interpret mathematical essays and valid mathematical proofs.
Types of Courses
- Applied Statistics
- Discrete Mathematics
- History of Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Mathematical Modeling
- Mathematical Programming
- Programming for Engineers
A degree in mathematics opens a wide variety of doors for your future career! Some examples of jobs you may want to pursue include:
- Business, Computer Systems or Data Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Teacher, Instructor or Professor
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!