Why Study Art Education, K-12?
Major | Education | CAS/CEPS
Is teaching your passion? We offer a comprehensive 54-credit broad area major that prepares you for a K-12 license to teach art in public schools. As an art education major, you’ll be surrounded by creativity and innovation and given the tools develop as an artist and an educator.
Of Students Completed at Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
Students in Honors Programs
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2021-2022
Art Education, K-12
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3774
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Cultivate an appreciation for the merits of Western and non-Western art traditions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in best practices and implement them in the preparation and development of classroom materials, schedules and lessons for students.
- Design, implement and assess teaching tools.
- Encourage creativity, design, innovation and critical thinking skills.
Types of Courses
- 3D Design Foundation
- Art History Since 1500
- Cold Glass
- Drawing I
- Education and Technology
- Educational Psychology: Middle & Secondary Education
- Gender and Art
- Introduction to Photography
- Introduction to Printmaking
UWRF’s art education program prepares students in visual art and design for a K-12 license to teach art in public schools. Our graduates land teaching positions in Wisconsin, Minnesota and beyond.
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!