Why Study Art?
Major/Minor | Art/Arts/Education | CAS
A multi-disciplinary field rooted in creativity and innovation, art majors at UWRF are encouraged to hone their artistic abilities, creative thinking skills and more. A variety of emphasis areas offer UWRF students endless opportunities to carve their own paths centered around their interests. Students can pursue a bachelor of arts (B.A.) degree for a more general course of study or a bachelor of fine arts degree (BFA). Students who choose the BFA degree path select an emphasis in ceramics, painting, glass, photography, art history, graphic design or printmaking.
Of Students Completed at Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Cultivate an appreciation for the merits of Western and non-Western art traditions.
- Develop and improve foundational and advanced art skills, including a variety of techniques and approaches.
- Encourage creativity, design, innovation and critical thinking skills.
- Effectively communicate, validate and defend ideas.
- Foster a foundation for dynamic exploration.
Types of Courses
- Branding and Package Design
- Casting & Cold Glass
- Design Foundation
- Digital Graphics
- Introduction to Art Therapy
- World Art History Survey
With an art degree in hand, you’ll be ready for a variety of professional roles. Some students opt to attend graduate school while others are prepared for roles including:
- Archivist or Collection Consultant, Art or Museum Educator
- Art Director, Project or Production Manager
- Art Therapist or Community Art Facilitator
- Craft or Fine Artist
- Graphic, Product, Fashion or UX Designer
- Multimedia Artist, Animator, Illustrator or Storyboard Artist
- Photostylist, Photojournalist or Photographer
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!