Why Study Agricultural Business?
Major/Minor | Agriculture | CAFES
Interested in a career in agribusiness or farming? The Agricultural Business Program at UW-River Falls combines technical agriculture, business and economics to provide you with a comprehensive foundation for a career in the agriculture sector.
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Countries Represented in the Student Body
Students in Honors Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3535
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Apply economic theories and analytic skills including supply and demand, price analysis, marketing, sales and risk management.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences using a variety of formats.
- Understand how government policy affects agribusiness.
- Make sound and ethical business decisions using data and relevant tools (budgets, statistics, etc.).
Types of Courses
- Agricultural Business Accounting
- Agricultural Finance
- Agricultural Markets and Prices
- Economics and Management in Agriculture
- Farm Management
- Statistical Methods
- World Food and Populations
Agricultural business majors have options. You’ll be prepared for a broad spectrum of roles including:
- Agricultural Loan Officer
- Agronomy Sales
- Dairy Plant Manager
- Farm Manager
- Grain Merchandiser
- Rural Appraiser
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!