Agricultural Business major combines elements of technical agriculture,
business and economics into a powerful and comprehensive course of study. The
major is well-suited for students who plan on a career in farming or
Highlights of the Agricultural Business Major
- The agricultural business program offers outstanding academic and networking opportunities to our students, including an internship office specifically for students in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Science.
- The department has a strong record of engaging our students in applied research projects,many sponsored by regional agricultural businesses.
- Virtually all agribusiness graduates in the past four years have found related employment or have gone on to graduate school.
- The Agricultural Business and Marketing Society, a student organization on campus, helps build networks with fellow students and with professionals in the field.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Apply economic theory and analytical skills, such as supply and demand, price analysis, marketing, sales and risk management.
- Communicate effectively to a variety of audiences in written, oral and graphic formats.
- Understand how government policy affects agribusiness managers.
- Use data and information (budgets, statistics, etc.) to make sound business decisions.
- Make ethical business decisions.
a graduate of this program, you will be prepared for a career in the agricultural business field.
Below is a list of potential job titles and companies that graduates have found
employment or internship opportunities with.
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider: