Why Study Science Teacher Education?
Major | Science | CAS/CEBAH
Science teachers love inspiring their students to understand and appreciate the wonder of the world around them. At UWRF, you can specialize in physics education, chemistry education, biology education (life science) or geology education (earth and space science) to prepare you to teach science in grades 4-12. You'll get hands-on experience in labs and in K-12 classrooms as early as your first year at UWRF.
Of Students Completed at Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
Students in Honors Programs
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Science Teacher Education
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3774
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Learn how to conduct modern scientific research.
- Develop a deep understanding of scientific knowledge and practices in your selected emphasis area (biology, chemistry, physics or geology).
- Gain knowledge across a broad spectrum of science areas.
- Design, implement and assess teaching tools.
- Create engaging learning environments for middle and high school classrooms
Types of Courses
- Applied Supports for Diverse Learners in Science
- Educational Psychology for Teachers
- Environmental Geology
- General Chemistry
- Introduction to Teaching
- Lab Research Experience
- Methods for Teaching High School Science
UWRF's science teacher education programs prepare you for a career in education with teaching placements ranging from middle school science teachers to high school science specialists. We rank extremely high in job placement and satisfaction and our graduates land teaching positions in Wisconsin, Minnesota and beyond each year. Although education is the main pathway for most of our science teacher education students, these majors in science areas allow flexibility if you change your mind later to pursue a career in science without education.
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!