Why Study Modern Language?
Minor | Language/Modern Language | CAS
Interested in developing or expanding your language skills? UW-River Falls offers two language minors, Spanish and German, in addition to our Spanish and Spanish Education majors. For students interested in learning Chinese or Japanese, we offer an interdisciplinary Asian Studies minor which offers courses in both languages.
Students in Honors Programs
Living and Learning Communities
Of Students Completed At Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
Depending on your selected minor, you will learn to:
- Develop listening, language comprehension, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Foster a thorough knowledge of Asian culture, politics and history.
- Cultivate and sharpen critical thinking and communication skills.
- Nurture your awareness and appreciation of cultural contributions by Spanish and Latin American countries to contemporary society.
- Understand cultural sensitivity and respect through engagement with a variety of cultures.
Types of Courses
- Advanced German Communication
- Business German
- German Classic and Modern Film
- International Business
- Modern Japan
- Politics of East Asia
- Spanish Conversation and Composition
- Spanish Professional Writing
- Survey of Spanish Literature
Language minors are an excellent complement to nearly every major. Depending on your course of study and career plans, you may find yourself in career fields including:
- Cultural Programming, Museum Curation or Art History
- Education or Research
- Human Services or Social Work
- International Business, Administration or Management
- Language Interpretation or Translation
- Media, Journalism, Foreign Correspondence
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!