Why Study Chemistry?
Major/Minor | Science | CAS
Chemistry is the central science that connects physics, biology, engineering and medicine. At UW-River Falls, the chemistry experience is based on foundational coursework in the five traditional sub-disciplines (analytical, biological, inorganic, organic and physical) and emphasizes a hands-on experience that will put you at the forefront of exciting research in nanotechnology, medicine and environmental technologies.
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
Of Students Completed At Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
Countries Represented in Student Body
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Describe matter and chemical transformations in terms of atoms, molecules and ions.
- Gain experience with modern chemical instrumentation and develop proficiency in data interpretation.
- Retrieve and evaluate chemical and scientific information.
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Practice collaboration, oral presentation, scientific writing and laboratory safety skills.
Types of Courses
- Chemical Communications and Research
- Chemical Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Foundations of Analytical Chemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Structure and Spectroscopy
- Polymer Chemistry
- Quantum Mechanics
Chemists are in demand in industry, academia, government, non-profit and entrepreneurship sectors. You’ll be prepared for a variety of future roles including:
- Chemistry Teacher
- Lab Analyst or Supervisor
- Method Developer
- Process or Research Chemist
- Quality Control Scientist or Specialist
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!