Why Study Biology - Field Biology?
Major | Science | CAS
Field biology is the study of plant, animal and bird behavior in nature. At UW-River Falls, our award-winning Biology Department offers a biology major option in field biology where you’ll have access to hands-on learning opportunities including relevant and interesting course options, internships and research work as early as your first semester.
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2021-2022
Living and Learning Communities
Biology - Field Biology
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the language and significance of scientific information in the field of biology.
- Verify scientific knowledge and recognize the importance of detail, accuracy and honesty in scientific reporting.
- Practice collaboration, oral presentation, scientific writing and laboratory safety skills.
- Gain experience with modern research and scientific methods.
- Develop proficiency with state-of-the-art equipment and data interpretation.
Types of Courses
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Freshwater Biology
- Identification of Plants
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Wildlife Biology
With a biology – field biology degree, you’ll be ready for a career in wildlife and natural resource management. Examples of future roles include:
- Evolutionary Biologist
- High School/Middle School Teacher
- Wildlife Biologist
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!