Why Study Biology - Biomedical Sciences?
Major | Science | CAS
A fascinating field that combines pioneering advances with established scientific knowledge, biology - biomedical sciences is the perfect major if you’re interested in attending medical school or working in fields like microbiology. At UW-River Falls, our award-winning Biology Department offers an option in biomedical sciences where you’ll have access to hands-on learning opportunities including internships, cutting-edge technology and research work as early as your first semester.
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2021-2022
Students in Honors Programs
Of Students Completed At Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
Biology - Biomedical Sciences
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the language and significance of scientific information in the field of biology.
- Verify scientific knowledge and recognize the importance of detail, accuracy and honesty in scientific reporting.
- Practice collaboration, oral presentation, scientific writing and laboratory safety skills.
- Gain experience with modern research and scientific methods.
- Develop proficiency with state-of-the-art equipment and data interpretation.
Types of Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Cancer Biology
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Medical Microbiology
Many biology – biomedical sciences majors enter the medical field, requiring they attend graduate or medical school after earning their undergraduate degree, while others enter the workforce. Examples of careers biology graduates pursue include:
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Physical Therapist
- Physician’s Assistant
- Surgical Assistant
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!