Why Study Agricultural Education?
Major | Agriculture/Education | CAFES
Agricultural education combines technical agriculture, professional education and agricultural education courses to provide students with the foundation needed for a successful career in and out of the classroom. Our Agricultural Education Program prepares graduates for a variety of roles, ranging from K-12 teacher to positions in government, business and the agricultural industry.
Countries Represented in the Student Body
Living and Learning Communities
Fortune 500 Companies Close to Campus
email@example.com // 715-425-3535
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Develop educational programs based on state and national curriculum standards.
- Effectively advise youth organizations such as 4-H and FFA.
- Utilize instructional technology to support learning.
- Efficiently work with learners from a range of backgrounds, abilities and interests.
- Implement experiential, service and work-based learning programs.
- Create assessment tools that support learner development and program improvement.
Types of Courses
- Curriculum Design in Career and Technical Education
- Agriculture Economics and Management
- Educational Psychology: Middle and Secondary Education
- Foundations of Diversity and Equity in Education
- Introduction to Animal Science
- Leadership and Group Dynamics
- Orientation to Agricultural and Extension Education
- Program Delivery in Agricultural, Extension, and Leadership Education
- Science of Food
Agricultural education majors aren’t limited to the classroom. While you’ll be qualified to teach in K-12 settings, you may be surprised to find how broad your options really are! Potential roles include:
- 4-H Youth, FFA or Extension Development Educator or Adviser
- Agribusiness Science and Technology Teacher
- Agricultural or Corporate Education Coordinator
- Agricultural Lender
- Agricultural Educator
- Production Agronomist
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!