Why Study Social Work?
Major | Social Science | CEPS
An advocacy profession that prioritizes professional knowledge, values and skills, social workers seek to make a difference in the lives of marginalized and oppressed communities via schools, medical and mental health centers and community organizations. UWRF’s accredited social work program utilizes field placement and research opportunities to equip graduates with the skills needed for an impactful career.
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Of Students Received Financial Aid in 2021-2022
Countries Represented in Student Body
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3774
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Objectively, respectfully and knowledgeably practice social work with sensitivity to a variety of factors including age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, family structure and class.
- Apply theoretical frameworks to better understand interactions among individuals and social systems.
- Effectively collaborate with a range of client systems to thoroughly assess client system strengths and challenges and develop appropriate action plans.
- Develop an understanding and apply knowledge of variables (biological, sociological, cultural, psychological and spiritual) that affect individual development and behavior.
Types of Courses
- Advanced Interviewing and Crisis Intervention
- Deviant Behavior
- Human Behavior and Social Environment
- Integrating Practice and Research
- Introduction to Social Work Services
- Power and Inequality
- Social Welfare Policy
- Theory and Practice of Social Work
- Use, Abuse and Addiction
As a graduate of UWRF’s social work program, you’ll be prepared for a career in the social work field. Recent graduates have found employment with a variety of organizations, including:
- County Social Service Departments
- Departments of Corrections
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Hospitals and Clinics
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!