Why Study Psychology?
Major/Minor | Science | CAS
A fascinating field with broad options for future careers, psychology is the study of how humans and animals act, feel, think and learn. As a psychology major at UW-River Falls, you’ll join a tight-knit, inclusive community full of high-impact, hands-on learning including research alongside faculty, active student organizations, professional networking and more.
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2022-2023
Countries Represented in the Student Body
Living and Learning Communities
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the physiological, emotional, cognitive and social determinants of behavior.
- Form a comprehensive understanding of psychology disciplines, including the major theories and history of psychology.
- Gain experience with psychological research methods and develop proficiency in data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Foster a knowledge of research ethics.
- Develop area-specific knowledge and skills in your specialization, including gender, industrial, health, sport, clinical or animal specialties.
Types of Courses
- Abnormal Psychology
- Behavior Modification
- Careers in Psychology
- Drugs and the Nervous System
- Health Psychology
- Learning and Motivation
- Memory and Thinking
- Sport Psychology
- The Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology graduates find themselves working diverse roles for a wide variety of employers. Many choose to attend graduate school to pursue roles as a psychologist, I/O psychologist or clinician. Examples of your future roles include:
- Case Manager or Client Assistant
- College Adviser
- Human Resources Consultant or Specialist
- Special Education or Family Resource Provider
- Wellness Program Consultant
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!