Why Study Health and Wellness Management?
Graduate | Health | CEBAH
Offered through UW Extended Campus and UWRF, the Master of Science in Health and Wellness Management is the credential you need to jumpstart an exciting career in health promotion or to advance in your profession.
Designed for working adults with real-world experience, courses are entirely online, making the program ideal for busy professionals. You'll still have ready access to advisers and faculty and you can take advantage of a wealth of on-campus resources, including career assistance and the library.
- Curriculum designed with input from industry leaders.
- Innovative, online classrooms with no campus visits or face-to-face meetings required.
- Increase your knowledge of the fundamentals of health and wellness and learn next-level program management skills.
- Gain a competitive advantage in a growing field.
- Enjoy the flexibility of online courses.
- Study under expert University of Wisconsin faculty.
- Graduate from an institution employers respect.
Courses are offered online by faculty from several University of Wisconsin campuses.
HWM 700 Contemporary Health and Wellness Perspectives, 3 credits
HWM 705 Strategic Management for Wellness Managers, 3 credits
HWM 710 Research Methods for Wellness Programs, 3 credits
HWM 715 Persuasion Skills for Wellness Managers, 3 credits
HWM 720 Exercise and Nutrition in Health and Disease, 3 credits
HWM 730 Biopsychosocial Aspects of Health, 3 credits
HWM 740 Health Systems and Policy for Wellness Managers, 3 credits
HWM 750 Planning and Evaluation for Wellness Managers, 3 credits
HWM 760 Wellness Law, 3 credits
HWM 770 Behavior and Development in Organizations, 3 credits
HWM 780 Best Practices and Emerging Issues in Wellness, 3 credits
HWM 790 Health and Wellness Management Capstone Course, 3 credits
Tuition rates can be found here. Tuition rates for other courses, such as the prerequisite courses, may be different. Textbooks are purchased separately and are not included in tuition. Students who take at least four credits each term may be eligible for financial assistance.
Admission to the Master of Science in Health and Wellness Management program requires:
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or greater from a regionally or nationally accredited university or college
- Completion of prerequisite coursework (see above)
- Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic)
- Statement of personal intent describing decision to pursue this degree and what you believe you will bring to the health and wellness management field (not to exceed 1,000 words)
Aptitude tests (GRE, GMAT, e.g.) are not required. If you do not currently meet admissions requirements, a campus adviser can discuss option for enrolling in the program. Request a consultation with an adviser by sending an email to email@example.com.
You may apply and begin the program with the start of any term. Complete a UW System application online, pay the processing fee, and have official transcripts sent directly to UW-River Falls from the colleges and universities that you have previously attended.
Health and Wellness Management
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3261
Area of Study:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Learn key health and wellness skills including planning and evaluation, healthcare benefit design and wellness law, behavior change facilitation and digital technology for wellness.
- Strengthen management skills including strategic planning, organizational change management, quality and performance improvement and marketing and communication strategies.
- Gain practical experience via a capstone project in partnership with an organization of your choice.
Types of Courses
- Behavior and Development in Organizations
- Best Practices and Emerging Issues in Wellness
- Biopsychosocial Aspects of Health
- Contemporary Health and Wellness Perspectives
- Exercise and Nutrition in Health and Disease
- Health Systems and Policy for Wellness Managers
- Persuasion Skills for Wellness Managers
- Strategic Management for Wellness Managers
- Wellness Law