Physical activity is key to human health and sport performance. Exercise and Sport Science majors study how to improve a patient's quality of life through exercise. They also learn to train athletes using the latest scientific advances.
Highlights of the Exercise and Sport Science Major
- State-of-the-art facilities, including $63.5 million Falcon Center opening in 2017.
- An experienced and dynamic professional faculty that teaches evidence-based practices and interacts with students one-on-one.
- Students gain real-world experience through two practicums at world-renowned facilities like the Mayo Clinic and Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Assess a patient's movement and physical activity in a laboratory setting.
- Understand the scientific method and key scientific fields as they relate to human physical activity. These include the principles of biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology and physics.
- Train athletes to perform at their optimal level.
- Read, critically interpret and integrate the latest scientific literature on the field of exercise and sport science into your practice.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared for a career in the exercise and sports science field. Below is a list of potential job titles and employers that graduates have found employment or internship opportunities with.
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider:
Clinical Exercise Physiology
Health and Physical Education