The Music program provides unique and comprehensive courses and degree plans for students who wish to develop expertise in music, including: education, history, theory and performance.
Highlights of the Music Major
- Music areas of emphasis include: composition, conducting, jazz studies, music business, performance (instrumental and vocal) and piano pedagogy.
- Music auditions are required for new students.
- Scholarship are available to students in the Music program.
- Outstanding facilities include high-quality performance spaces.
- Numerous on-campus concerts throughout the year, many ensembles tour locally or internationally.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Contribute to the culture of the university and the region by actively performing music.
- Demonstrate an understanding of styles and structures of music and apply this knowledge through performance.
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to compose musical ideas.
Students who graduate from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls with a Music degree have a great variety of professional fields open to them.
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider:
Stage and Screen Arts