The Music program provides unique and comprehensive courses and degree plans for students who wish to develop expertise in music.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Contribute to the culture of the university and the region by actively performing music.
- Demonstrate an understanding of styles and structures of music and apply this knowledge through performance.
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to compose musical ideas.
Students who graduate from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls with a Music degree have a great variety of professional fields open to them.
- Composer (arranger, copyist, orchestrator)
- Music Director (religious institution)
- Music Educator (elementary, secondary, and post-secondary)
- Music Librarian
- Music Researcher
- Performer-Professional Musician
- Studio-Individual Teacher
- Arts Administrator
- Instrument Repair
- Manager-Booking Agent
- Manufacturer-Importer-Wholesaler (instruments, accessories, electronics, recordings, software)
- Music Dealer (management, sales)
- Music Software Programmer
- Newspaper Critic-Reporter
Television and Radio Industry
- Copyright-Clearance Administrator
- Disc Jockey-Video Jockey
- Music License Administrator
- Music Editor-Producer-Composer
- Post-Production Scoring
- Program Director
- Sound Mixer
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider:
Stage and Screen Arts