Throughout the United States and the world, the demand for graduates with international business, cultural studies and international relations continues to grow. Globalization has created the need for global citizens who are culturally aware and internationally oriented.
Highlights of the International Studies Major
- Study abroad is built into the curriculum ensuring at least one opportunity to study in another country. International Studies majors participate in a variety of study abroad programs.
- Two years of a foreign language is built into the curriculum (French, German, or Spanish).
- Students may customize their major to their interest selecting courses from international politics and economy; area studies and geography; culture, society and language, and global science and development.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills to compete in the global community.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Gain proficiency in a foreign language and encourage the development of competency.
- Develop an understanding for global awareness and cultural differences.
Students with a degree in international studies find careers in a wide variety of fields from government and intergovernmental organizations, to non-governmental organizations, business and higher education institutions.
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider: