This major includes an option in either computer science or information systems. Hands-on courses focus on the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer animation, wireless computing, information security, operating system programming and more. This will prepare you to enter the IT field with a solid foundation.
Highlights of the Computer Science and Information Systems Major
- The local Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) chapter is very active and offers students a variety of opportunities each semester to learn from industry professionals.
- Our state-of-the-art computing labs are equipped with networking technologies, graphics workstations and the latest information technology tools and solutions.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared for a career in the information technology field. Below is a list of potential job titles and employers that graduates have found employment or internship opportunities with.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Understand the latest programming methodologies, data structures, software engineering, design methods and operating system programming and theories.
- Analyze, design and develop modular scalable multi-tier software applications.
- Design, implement and maintain computer networks.
- Build structured and scalable database management systems.
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider:
Data Science and Predictive Analytics