The Art department at UW-River Falls will provide you with many opportunities to explore and develop your artistic abilities through a variety of media. As an Art major you can choose a broad range of topics or focus your study in areas such as: Art Education, Art History, Ceramics, Drawing, Fibers, Glass, Graphic Design, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, and Sculpture Mixed Media.
Highlights of the Art Major
- The Art curriculum recognizes the value in merits of both Western and Non-Western art traditions and consideration on art at both local and international levels.
- Students are encouraged to consider their work in the context of global society to bring about a foundation for understanding the impact that the arts has had on the evolution of the human experience.
- Students have the option of selecting an art emphasis or exploring and developing their artistic abilities through a variety of media.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Appreciate the value and merits of both Western and non-Western art traditions.
- Apply your in-depth and comprehensive exposure to, and expertise in, the visual arts.
- Develop a foundation for dynamic exploration with outcomes that reflect personal ideas and confidence in presenting the ideas to society.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared for a professional art focused career or to go on to graduate school for a master's degree in fine arts.
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider:
Stage and Screen Arts