Why Study Exploratory Programs?
Major | Undecided | CAFES/CAS/CEBAH
Undecided? That's okay! Trust us, many students have no idea what they want to major in when they arrive at college. That’s what we’re here for – to help you explore your interests, discover your passion and find the best path to pursue it. We call our undecided students “pre-majors.” It just means that you’re still keeping your options open and haven’t yet found your niche. We’ve got dedicated advising resources, career assessment tools and more ways to help you narrow your choices so that when you do find what you’re looking for, you’re prepared to take the next step.
- Advising: We’re here to help – and we mean it! From the moment you arrive on campus as a new student, you’ll have access to an adviser who specializes in helping undecided students. They’re well-versed in helping students choose courses of interest and will work one-on-one to help you eventually determine a major.
- Career Assessments: Not to brag, but we have an amazing Career Services office that provides tons of tools to help you home in on what you want to study. We offer Career Assessments that can help match your interests, personality, strengths and values to potential majors and careers.
- Options: You want options? We’ve got ‘em! We offer 70+ areas of study between our four distinct colleges. Majors, minors, pre-professional programs, we offer all sorts of paths for you to explore and many of our majors offer emphasis or option areas, allowing you to further narrow your focus and find something you are truly passionate about.
Find Your Path
In addition to meeting with your adviser and taking advantage of the tools Career Services offers, there are several other things that may be helpful to keep in mind while you search for a major.
- Oftentimes, there is not a one-to-one match of majors to careers, so choose a field of study that speaks to your interests.
- Keep active with your exploration process. Take classes that appeal to you, talk to your fellow students or faculty in majors that interest you and conduct online research about career options.
- Pay attention to General Education courses that are required for majors that interest you.
- Take advantage of extracurricular opportunities through Student Involvement. You never know when an experience or activity may spark an interest!
- And finally, keep in mind that students often change their mind about their majors and future careers. This isn’t unusual and it doesn’t mean that something’s wrong! College is the perfect time to explore new things and open your mind to ideas and fields you may have never considered before. We want you to be happy with your experience and find a major that you can enjoy and thrive in – that’s why we’re so committed to helping you through the process.
Of Grads are Employed or Attending Grad School
Scholarship Dollars Awarded in 2022-2023
Of Students Completed At Least One High-Impact Practice Before Graduation
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3535
email@example.com // 715-425-3777
firstname.lastname@example.org // 715-425-3774
Area of Study:
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about UWRF or any of our 70+ areas of study? Just share your contact information and we'll be in touch!