2022 Nomination Timeline:
Open October 26, 2022 thru November 23, 2022
The Chancellor’s Academic Staff and Limited Appointee Excellence Award is presented annually to academic staff members who have made an outstanding contribution to the university.
Starting in 2021, the award was expanded to recognize individual academic staff employees in three categories:
- Limited Appointees
- Non-Instructional Academic Staff
- Instructional Academic Staff
Additionally, a program category was added in 2021 to recognize a unit, department or program primarily staffed by academic staff which demonstrates excellence of performance, initiative and creativity, and outstanding achievement.
Individual Award criteria:
- Success in fulfilling the overall responsibilities of the job – descriptions can include:
- superior job performance
- work that goes “above and beyond” assigned duties
- significant contributions, improvements or innovations brought to the unit or the university
- contributions to fulfilling the UWRF mission
- Participation in university service projects outside of the job – descriptions can include:
- participation on committees
- volunteering for campus initiatives
- providing exceptional support to colleagues or students outside of regularly assigned responsibilities
- Human relations – descriptions can include examples of:
- good interpersonal skills (helpfulness, teamwork, customer service…)
- positive attitude
Program Award criteria:
- Excellence of Performance – how has the unit/program/department become a model of high standards, professionalism and efficiency
- Initiative and Creativity – how has the unit/program/department’s performance demonstrated innovation or improved performance and productivity.
- Outstanding Achievement – how has the unit/program/department contributed to the UW-River Falls mission and impacted the distinctiveness of the campus
Anyone can nominate an eligible employee or program for this award.
Nominators are responsible for:
- Filling out the Nomination Form online.
- Obtaining at least one additional letter of support.
- Letters can come from employees and students.
- If the letter(s) of support are not included with the initial nomination form, the letter(s) must be emailed to Awards@uwrf.edu by the final nomination date in order for the nomination to be considered for the award.
Nomination materials should describe how the nominee meets the selection criteria listed above.
Selection is made by a committee that is charged with reviewing nomination materials, which makes a recommendation to the Chancellor for final approval. Membership of the committee includes the Chancellor's designee (chair), an Instructional Academic Staff member, as well as one member appointed by each of the following groups: Faculty Senate, University Staff Senate, Academic Staff Council and Student Government Association.