Who are we?
The UWRF Chancellor's Student Ambassadors, or CSAs, are a group of student leaders who are selected to represent the university in a variety of capacities. Student ambassadors are dedicated to student success and to strengthening student connections. They serve UWRF with enthusiasm and pride and play a vital role in the success of the university as a whole.
An appointment as a Chancellor's Student Ambassador is one of high honor and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. CSAs enjoy the rich experience of working with diverse groups of students, faculty, and guests across campus. They are committed to embracing the campus and community population and are excited about sharing their UW-River Falls experiences with others.
Why should I become a CSA?
As a CSA, you will develop a wide range of beneficial transferable skills. Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades. They want community involvement and service and experience in a leadership role. As a CSA, you get that and so much more!
- Campus exposure. CSAs are some of the most visible and well-known students on-campus.
- Professional growth opportunities. Develop leadership skills and enhance a professional resume.
- Experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing the university). This experience helps develop skills and confidence vital to future success in job interviews and career advancement.
- Opportunities to work with and learn from professionals. CSAs work closely with UWRF staff and administration, including the Chancellor, the Director of Alumni Relations, and the Director of Career Services, broadening contacts and networking connections.
- Career development. Participate in community involvement and service opportunities.
- Rewards for your effort. Earn a $250 scholarship per semester.
What will be expected of me?
We know that our CSAs are students first, and CSAs second. So, while we expect hard work and commitment, we make certain that your CSA functions can easily fit into your class and study schedules. CSAs are expected to commit to:
- 20 hours per semester minimum assisting with events and other on- and off-campus activities.
- One hour every other week for meetings when classes are in session.
How do I become eligible?
- You must be in good academic standing with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- You must apply in Handshake (application for the 2021-22 academic year will be posted in Handshake in February 2021).
If you are interested in becoming a Chancellor’s Student Ambassador, we invite you to apply. If you have any specific questions, please contact us. Thank you for your interest in becoming a Chancellor’s Student Ambassador!