Looking for an exciting and fast-paced industry? A career in sales and marketing is in high demand and sales graduates report their career satisfaction at over 77% than their non-sales educated peers (Sales Education Foundation). Through coursework, the Center for Sales Excellence, competitions, and internships, Marketing/Sales majors are prepared for sales and sales management positions in all types of organizations and industries.
Highlights of the Marketing-Professional Sales Major
- You may enter sales competitions to hone your sales skills.
- The Center for Sales Excellence will prepare you to become globally-oriented sales professional.
- The Sales Lab supports the professional sales program by providing you with the opportunity to role play and perform mock sales calls to fine-tune their personal selling skills.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared for a career in the professional sales field. Below is a list of potential job titles and companies
that graduates have found employment or internship opportunities with:
Skills and Learning Outcomes
As a student in this program, you will learn to:
- Effectively use the elements of the strategic marketing planning
process to engage in SWOT analysis, market segmentation, targeting,
positioning and marketing mix development
- Apply social science theories relevant to consumer behavior in marketing decisions
- Understand marketing research concepts and techniques to solve marketing problems
- Develop a formal strategic marketing plan
Not what you were looking for?
Here are some related programs you may also want to consider:
Business Administration- Marketing