Ames Suites is located on the east side of campus and houses approximately 240 upper-class students. The hall is named after former UW-River Falls President Jesse H. Ames.
Ames is a pod-style residence hall. It is a green building and has been awarded the prestigious LEED-NC v2009 Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
Eligibility for living in Ames Suites
By move-in date, meet the following:
- 1 year post high school graduation.
What is Nearby?
- Student parking (O Lot)
- Sand volleyball courts
- Basketball courts
- Connected to Ann Lydecker Living Learning Center (LLLC) & South Fork Suites
Ann Lydecker Living Learning Center
George R. Field South Fork Suites and Jesse H. Ames Suites are connected on 1st floor through the Ann Lydecker Living Learning Center. On campus students and organizations may reserve rooms in the Living Learning Center for organizational, programming or educational use. Find information for reserving space in the Living Learning Center here.
The Living Learning Center comprises:
- Two small multi-purpose rooms
- A fireplace lounge
- A large gathering place that can be broken up into three smaller rooms
Ames Building Specifics
- Four-story coed residence hall located on the east side of campus
- Wireless internet is available throughout the building
- Houses 240 students
- Residents will be required to be on a meal plan
- Academic year single and double housing rates apply to Jesse H. Ames Suites
- Students will live in Pods that are made up of 3 clusters. Each pod:
- Houses 22 students
- Consists of 10 double and 2 single rooms
- Shares common space with flat screen TV and furniture and kitchenette
- Offers a scatter coed experience, where men and women reside as neighbors
- Provides separate bathroom and shower facilities for men and women
- Laundry facilities are located on all floors
- Smaller kitchens with full oven ranges are available on the 2nd and 4th floors
- Additional study space available on each floor