Jesse H. Ames Suites is located on the east side of campus and houses approximately 240 students. Students one year post high school graduation by move in date are eligible to live in Ames Suites.
Nearby, students will find parking lot O, sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, and campus trails. Ames is connected to the Ann Lydecker Living Learning Center as well as South Fork Suites. The hall is named after former UW-River Falls President Jesse H. Ames.
Pod Style Living
Ames is a pod-style residence hall. It is a green building and has been awarded the prestigious LEED-NC v2009 Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
- Students will live in Pods that are made up of 3 clusters. Each pod:
- Houses about 22 students
- Provides separate, private bathroom and shower facilities with shared sink areas
- Offers a scattered coed experience, where men and women may reside as neighbors
- Shares common space with
- Television, seating, table and chairs
- Kitchenette area with lockers, full refrigerator/freezer, sink, microwave oven, and island with stools
- Free laundry facilities on all floors
- Study lounges on each floor with tables and chairs
- Smaller kitchens including an oven, stove, and sink are available on the 2nd and 4th floors
- Beverage and snack machines in Ann Lydecker Living Learning Center
- A black & white PrintAnywhere printer in the Ann Lydecker Living Learning Center
- Resident mailboxes are located in the Ann Lydecker Living Learning Center
- Ames Suites rooms are approximately 12' x 16'
- Floor to ceiling height ranges from 8' 4" to 8' 10"
- Two loftable beds with twin extra-long mattresses
- Two dressers and closets
- Two study desks and chairs
- One MicroFridge (refrigerator and microwave)
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Towel bar
- Wireless internet
- Carpeted floor