First-Year Living and Learning Communities
Students assigned to First-Year (FY) Communities have first-year students as roommates. New students are automatically assigned to these spaces until they reach capacity. The majority of new students live in FY Communities. Students living in FY Communities relocate to other halls their second year.
Communities with courses included:
Learning Community members choose to live in the same residence hall and take several classes with their floor members.
- Honors (All Majors): Students in the Honors community represent a variety of majors, and all the residents are dedicated to being engaged, intellectual students on campus.
- College of Business and Economics (Business Majors): Living learning community for first year students who are pursuing majors in accounting, business administration, computer science and information science, or economics.
- TEACH (Elementary Education majors): A living learning community for first-year students who are pursuing majors in elementary education. TEACH Is designed to bring students, faculty, and staff together to explore the world of education.
- We Teach (Secondary Education majors): A living learning community for first year students who are pursuing majors in secondary education. WeTeach is designed to bring students, faculty, and staff together to explore the world of education.
Communities with no courses:
- CAFES (College of Agriculture, Food & Environmental Science majors): This community provides first year students with the opportunity to connect with College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences faculty staff and students.
- Connections (All Majors): A living learning community for first-year students living in the residence halls. Participants are not limited by major so anyone is eligible to join, regardless of area of study.