UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN River Falls
We value and appreciate any compliments, suggestions, information, and/or concerns that you can provide about the Department of Residence Life and its staff. Please follow the appropriate steps below to assist us as we work to serve the university and its students well.
If you have compliments, suggestions, or information that you would like to share about any of the staff reporting to the Department of Residence Life, please provide the following details:
To submit this in a non-confidential manner, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit this confidentially, please mail the information without any identifying information to Karla Thoennes, Director of Residence Life, 410 South 3rd Street, River Falls, WI 54022.
We endeavor to provide excellent service. However, if you have concerns or complaints about any of the services provided by the Department of Residence Life please take the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Discuss the issue with the individual involved. If a satisfactory outcome does not occur, proceed to step 2.
2. Discuss the issue with the Director of Residence Life. If a satisfactory outcome does not occur, proceed to a formal complaint process.
Pursuant to the United States Department of Education's Program Integrity Rule and UW-River Falls internal policies, any individual may file a formal complaint. An individual should first utilize the institution's internal complaint or review policies and procedures. If an informal resolution is not achieved, the institution shall conduct a review and/or investigation into the allegations. This review shall be completed within a 90-calendar day period, unless additional time is necessary to properly complete the review or investigative process. The institution may conduct fact-finding during which the complainant and the institution shall be offered an opportunity to submit any relevant and material evidence and information in support of their respective positions. Either party may request the presence of a representative during a meeting and/or investigatory interview of the respective party. However, the parties shall be required to speak on their own behalf at all times during this complaint review process. The parties shall be expected to cooperate fully in this review or investigative process. Failure to do so may lead to dismissal of the complaint in its entirety.
1. The complainant will submit the complaint form by providing an electronic copy as an email attachment, or by mailing to UW-River Falls, ATTN: Student Affairs Complaint, 410 South 3rd Street, River Falls, WI 54022. The form must be complete and the complainant's signature affirms that the complainant affirms the truth and accuracy of the report.
2. No later than 60 calendar days from the conclusion of the review and/or investigative process, the Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs shall issue a written decision to the complainant. The decision may include one or more of the following determinations.
3. The decision of the Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs may be appealed to the UW-River Falls Chancellor, who shall have at least 60 days to review the decision.
4. A decision of the Chancellor shall not be subject to any further appeal or review within the institution. The complainant may pursue any further claim or complaint through applicable state or federal law, or UW System processes.
5. If a resolution is not reached at the institutional level, or if a complainant believes that the nature of the complaint or its impact on the University of Wisconsin System as a whole warrants an immediate review, they should email Academic Programs and Educational Innovation (APEI), call 608-262-8778, or consult its website.