When a student moves into the residence halls, they are required to fill out a Room Condition Report (RCR) so Residence Life staff knows the condition of the room when the student first walks in. It is important the RCR is filled out completely and in detail. Any questions about this process should be directed to the RA or HD.
A student is expected to:
- Print legibly so the RCR is readable.
- Fill out the top information including: Name, ID (W#), Hall and Room #, and Cell Phone Number. Also list any medical information they would like Residence Life staff to be aware of (this will be kept confidential).
- Select the side of the room for which they will be responsible. The “right” or “left” is based on standing in the doorway, facing the window.
- Fill out the RCR, in detail, for all items in the room based on the side of the room they will occupy. If you find a problem or damage, describe the location, size, color and shape of the damaged item/area. Fill in the key code on your room key (not EO8257).
- Verify that all of the following items are in the room. If any are missing, a student should contact the RA or HD right away.
- One bed/mattress per resident
- One desk, chair, and bookshelf per resident
- One closet/wardrobe per resident
- One dresser per resident
- One computer/cable box per resident
- One Micro Fridge or Mini Fridge
- One trash can
- One recycling bin
- Once the RCR is completed, the student should sign their name and date on the bottom of the check-in side of the RCR. RCRs are to be completed and turned into a Residence Life staff member on the same day they check in.
Students who do not fill out the RCR and return it to hall staff, will be held responsible for the condition of the room based on the check-out information from the previous year.