At Career Services:
- Schedule an appointment in Career Services to explore your interests, skills, and personality by taking free career assessments.
- Utilize the Career Services' website to research career paths and majors, including the What Can I Do with a Major In guides.
- Complete your profile in Handshake to access on-campus, part-time, volunteer, and internship postings.
- Create a professional resume and cover letter and have it critiqued by Career Services. Consider attending the My First Resume event if you do not have a resume.
- Meet with a Career Counselor to get started on developing your career exploration action plan.
- Pick at least one student organization or activity to build connections to the campus and community.
- Discuss your career options and academic plans with your academic advisor.
- Take courses you enjoy that will help you decide if your major is a good fit.
Events to Attend:
- Attend the Career Fair to interact with professionals in a wide variety of fields.
- Participate in the Study Abroad Fair.
- Attend the Opportunity Fair in the spring to explore on-campus, part-time, volunteer and summer job opportunities.