Take the Next Step
College of Education and Professional Studies
Location: 203 Wyman Education Building
College of Education and Professional Studies
Welcome to the College of Education and Professional Studies, or CEPS as we’re known around campus. We’re home to approximately 1,300 students in our undergraduate and graduate programs and we’re committed to preparing each and every one of them for their futures through a hands-on education full of high impact experiences.
Students in Honors Programs
In Scholarships Awarded in 21-22
Our nationally recognized teacher education programs call the College of Education and Professional Studies (CEPS) home, along with multiple other undergraduate and graduate programs. You’ll have access to perks like diverse hands-on opportunities – ranging from student teaching placements to our on-site Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic – and small class sizes while you earn your degree.
- Counseling and School Psychology: The Counseling and School Psychology Department prepares students to support learning and social development in academic environments. Learn More
- Communication Sciences and Disorders: Home to UWRF's Speech-Language and Hearing Clinics, the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department offers unique hands-on learning opportunities for students. Learn More
- Health and Human Performance: Students in the Health and Human Performance Department benefit from UWRF's state-of-the-art technology and modern facilities. Learn More
- Teacher Education: Nationally recognized, our teacher education programs are a cornerstone of the university. Field-based experiences ensure students are ready to enter the classroom after graduation. Learn More
- Social Work: UWRF’s accredited social work program utilizes field placement and research opportunities to equip graduates with the skills needed for an impactful career. Learn More
The CEPS Experience
We’re a college full of service-oriented majors like teaching and social work and our Falcons leave the nest prepared to serve. Diversity is one of our core values and we strive for inclusivity. Our award-winning faculty teach, guide and mentor you throughout your college career and beyond. As a student, you won’t just learn the ins and outs of your chosen field, you’ll cultivate transferable skills that will last a lifetime. You’ll learn how to work with others, communicate across mediums and audiences, think critically and get creative.
A cornerstone of our university since our founding in 1874, our teacher education programs have received national recognition and are fully approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Our Education Preparation Programs support the development of teachers, school psychologists, school counselors, speech-language pathologists and health and human performance professionals. We aim to prepare professionals through both rigorous coursework and field-based practices, so you are proficient in your field and ready to educate the next generation.
Our graduate programs provide flexible, affordable options in a wide variety of interest areas, all tailored to help you succeed.
We talk a lot about how CEPS will provide you with the skills needed for your future career but how will you gain these skills? Hands-on experience, that’s how! Our education students spend time student teaching in real classrooms, communication sciences and disorders majors observe and work in our onsite Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic, while exercise and sport science majors use their practicums to gain real-world experience in the field. These opportunities, along with state-of-the-art active classrooms and laboratories, research work, small class sizes and personalized instruction all add up to one incredible education.
Physical Education Movement Academy
Speech-Language and Hearing Clinics
Internships and professional experiences give you a serious leg up when it comes to your career prospects. We strongly encourage students to pursue internships and have dedicated resources to help.
We encourage you to get involved! CEPS supports a variety of active student organizations that provide our students with opportunities outside of the classroom. From Aspiring Educators to the National Student Speech Language & Hearing Association, there's no shortage of ways to get involved.
Take your education outside the classroom! Studying abroad is an excellent way to expand your mind and your education. CEPS encourages students to explore their study abroad options and even offers stipends to eligible students.