Types of Aid

UW-River Falls Scholarships
In general, scholarships through UW-River Falls may be based on academic performance, financial need, program of study, year in school, or many other factors.

Outside Scholarships
Scholarships are available to students from organizations outside of UW-River Falls. Visit this page to see a listing of some external scholarship search engines.

Grants are need based and are considered gift aid that does not have to be repaid. You are considered for all federal and state grants when applying for financial aid.

Several loan programs are available to students. Some loan programs are based on need and are federally funded. Others are available regardless of need.

Student Employment
We offer two kinds of on-campus student employment at UW-River Falls:

Federal Work Study:
If you demonstrate financial need according to the FAFSA, you may be eligible for these federally-funded positions.

Student Assistance:
Regardless of financial need, you are eligible for these university-funded, non-federal on-campus positions.