Student Health And Counseling Services

Topic - Sexual Assault

UWRF Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment:  What You Need to Know

UWRF Sexual Assault Resource Guide

Report It - By visiting this page you likely wish to learn how you can report something that regards your welfare or safety, or that of a member of the campus community.

  • If you are concerned about your safety - call 911.
  • Contact the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner at (715-425-6443). For more information, visit SART's webpage.
  • Please seek medical attention immediately from the the nearest hospital (emergency room) or clinic (River Falls Area Hospital, Vibrant Health Family Clinic in River Falls-formerly River Falls Medical Clinic)
  • Do not shower, douche or wash the clothing that you wore at the time assault. This can serve as evidence should you decide to press charges. (You DON'T have to make a decision now, but this is the only time you will be able to collect this evidence). Additionally, it may serve to calm your fears about medical concerns.
  • If you choose not to seek medical or legal attention at this time - Please call University Counseling Services at 715-425-3884. You may choose to ask a friend or counselor to accompany you at any stage of this process. We will respect and affirm your choices.  The Campus Victim Advocate is also available at Student Health and Counseling Services, through an agreement with Turningpoint. 
  • You can also contact Turningpoint For Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence, INC
    (715-425-6751) or (1-800-345-5104) 24 hour counseling/services (free)
  • Write down everything that you remember happening, with as much detail as possible. This can help with your healing process and in any legal action you might decide to take.

Counseling Services is here to help you

  • We will maintain your confidentiality to the limits of the law.

  • We will support you, not judge you, and provide caring attention while you make difficult decisions.

  • We will help you restore your sense of safety.

  • We can help you if you were assaulted some time ago and have not talked about it or feel like it is still having a strong impact on your life.

These Links may also be helpful

Report It - By visiting this page you likely wish to learn how you can report something that regards your welfare or safety,or that of a member of the campus community.

UWRF Sexual Assault Advocacy Information

UWRF Faculty and Academic Staff Handbook on Sexual Harrassment

RAINN: Rape, Abuse, and Incest, National Network

Resurrection After Rape: Book by Matt Atkinson, including words of fellow women who have triumphed over rape trauma.

A Man's Guide to Helping a Woman Who Has Been Raped - Resource Frequently asked questions about sexual assault.


Page updated Summer 2017 by Mark Huttemier, MA, LPC - Personal Counselor in Student Health and Counseling at University of Wisconsin – River Falls

Contact Us

Student Health and Counseling Services
Student Health Services: 715-425-3293
Counseling Services: 715-425-3884
M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
211 Hagestad Hall