It is our goal to provide a quality learning experience in a supportive environment for all participants. Skaters will achieve their goals while having fun and learning the appropriate elements established by the Ice Skating Institute. All instructors are qualified university students.
How to get the most out of Hunt Arena Skating School:
- Classes will start promptly at the scheduled time. Be ready to go on the ice at your proper lesson time. Enter and leave the ice by skating near the boards rather than cutting across the ice. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to get your skates on in time for your class and to receive any new information that you might need for the lesson.
- Dress so you are comfortable and warm, but without a lot of bulk.
- The use of a hockey or bicycle helmet is strongly encouraged.
- Skates should be leather so skaters have the best support for their ankles.
- Having skates that are sharp is as important as a good pair of skates. Skate sharpening is available at Hunt Arena for $5.00. Skate rental is also available for $2.50.
- Parents: Please make sure your skaters understand what is expected of them so everyone involved will have a great skating experience.
- What to practice outside of class? Come to Open Skate! Your Hunt Arena Skating School pass gets you in for FREE!