- Primary mission/purpose of the organization
- Major competitors
- Organizational culture (management style, work environment, structure)
- Principal services and products
- Tips and resources for researching employers
Dressing for the interview
As a general rule, avoid perfume or cologne, clothing and accessories should not distract the interviewer, and good hygiene and grooming are important.
Practice, practice, practice
- Know your skills, including strengths and weaknesses, and be prepared to respond to related questions with examples.
- Practice answering interview questions with impact by using the STAR Technique outlined in our Interviewing Techniques handout.
- Attend a Mock Interview Day at UWRF either Fall or Spring semester.
- Common interview questions are available in our Interviewing Techniques handout.
- Schedule mock interview appointment with a UWRF Career Counselor.
- Prepare questions to ask the employer to show you are interested in the position and organization.
- Map your destination and know where you are going.