NSF Funding Opportunity:
- $400k / award
- Up to 3 years
- December 15, 2023 - Preliminary proposals due
- Target institutions: PUI's with limited research capacity (No R1 /R2 institutions)
- Create partnerships with external organizations to grow programs in workforce development, use-inspired research and development (R&D), and/or the translation of research to practice in emerging technology fields (copied from solicitation NSF 23-625)
- Develop the capacity and institutional knowledge needed to build new partnerships and secure future external funding to support ongoing efforts in emerging technology fields and regional innovation ecosystems. (copied from solicitation NSF 23-625)
WiSys Spark Grant:
The WiSys Spark Grant
Program has been designed to help innovators advance their knowledge and technology to commercialization. The grant provides awards of $500 - $10,000/project to faculty or academic staff, towards implementation and completion of short-term projects.
- Fall Deadline: December 4, 2023
- Spring Deadline: April 8, 2024
Spark Grants Info Sheet
UW System & WiSys Ignite Grant:
funding for applied research aims to encourage faculty & staff to utilize their expertise and apply their scholarship to support economic development in Wisconsin.
- $50,000 in funding for 14 months
- Intent to submit required
- Deadline: November 27, 2023
- Full Proposal Deadline: January 22, 2024
Ignite Grant Info Sheet
The goal of the Grants and Research Office is to encourage, facilitate, and support UWRF faculty and staff in securing funding for their research endeavors.